View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 08:20 AM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Hi Craig,

I am thinking of replacing my TEAC NT-505/CG-10M with a M3H. I am currently using the NT-505 as a DAC/preamp.

According to the Bricasti Design web site “The M3’s high speed low distortion analog path features a bypass-able preamp class analog level control allowing the M3 to be used to drive power amps directly, with no bit loss for optimal analog performance.

If the M3 was used as a DAC/preamp like you are doing with the M21, do you feel that it would still outperform your previous Esoteric setup or do you feel it needs a separate preamp?

Thanks,

Dave

Yes, in my system the M3 did outperform my K-03x/Cybershaft & McIntosh C-1100 trio with $2,500 of Shunyata & Wireworld cables.

Your mileage may vary but removing the C-1100 added resolution to the sound. Details I didn’t know where missing.

The M1/M3/M21 DACs as DACs we’re also more resolving than the K-03x system. But that was not what sold me. They also added depth to the sound stage by better placing the singers/saxophone players to the front when they should be. Their character is one of putting you on the first 10 rows of the audience.

Some may like that, others may not. Combined with the added resolution, it was an easy decision for me.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack