View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 11:19 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
I see that the review has come out and the NGKDSM is on the cover - nice! I haven't read the review, but I'm curious as to why TAS is calling it a server on the cover - streamer, yes, but server? I don't think so.
Yeah, I don't know why they did that. I didn't see it until a friend sent me a photo of the hard-copy magazine cover. As a digital subscriber (yes, I buy my own subscription to TAS), I don't get to download the issue until 2-3 weeks after the hard copy is distributed for sale.

And you're right, it is not a server; in fact, it does not have place to add a hard drive so that it could function as a server, like the Aurender N20 does. It is a combination steamer/DAC.

You'd have to take stuff like that up with them; I'm just a Contributing Writer, and not part of the actual staff as an employee, so I only get paid once the issue is actually published, distributed for sale, and hits the shelves, so to speak. I don't have any control or input over the layout, photos, what they say on the cover, or any of that stuff.

Just the review, and in some cases, that is cut back by the Editors, e.g. my Fidata HFAS-1 review, which was edited down quite bit (probably because my review was over 4000 words! Doh!).

Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-24-2021 at 11:25 PM.