View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 09:32 PM
George

I am using an all ARC system for my Amati Traditional. To me what you describe is the Mac sound. I would try a different preamp first.

I originally ran my Amati’s with a audio Research REF 5SE and Pass x350. There was no lack of details, air and transparency.. exactly what it sounds like what you want. Then I swapped the Pass x350 for a ARC 160s amp… kept the details and took on a sense of natural music.. but less highlighting of the details. From what you say an ARC REF preamp + Pass X350 would do exactly what you want.

But I digress. The Pass is one of the components you may want… but give a ARC preamp a test drive and see if it doesn’t move your system significantly in the right direction.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 11-13-2021 at 09:40 PM.