View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 11:18 PM

Hi Guys,

I just joined this group. Hopefully, I have much better luck with members of this forum. I just spent 3 days posting a couple of comments and replies to the Audioholics forum on an Interconnects and Power conditioner thread and was seriously hammered. I basically said that I was amazed at the sound improvements made to my system after replacing the original power cable from my DAC with an aftermarket one. I honestly was skeptical going in and was hoping that it didn’t make a difference as I would have returned it saving me $900. They told me I only thought it was an improvement because I put it there and expected it. I really didn’t. According to them, any improvement with a power cable would amount to ‘nil’. Also, I don’t understand electricity and sounded like a nut job. The second thing I said was that I returned a Panamax 5300 power conditioner because I found it degraded the sound quality. I found that it sounded better after moving the amplifier’s power cord from the Panamax high current outlet to the wall outlet. Given the impressive equipment lists that many members display here, I doubt I will be told that aftermarket power cables are snake oil on this forum.

I’ve been reading with great interest what people are saying about the PS Audio Power Reconditioners and seriously thinking of getting a P12.

Thanks,
Dave