View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
It's a cool watch, Serge, and I've seen them in person at my local Omega dealer in Walnut Creek, CA. Some cool tech with the ceramic case and co-axial calibre based on the George Daniels escapement.

If you have not held and actually put the watch on, I highly recommend doing that and seeing the watch "in the metal", (er, "in the ceramic, in this case) before plunking down your money. The Co-axial calibre Omegas are notably thicker than non-coaxial caliber movements. For example, the classic Speedys with were based on the 321 or 861 caliber manual-wind movements and because they were not automatics, nicely thin for a chronograph.

I was really hot to trot on the Seamaster 300 (the vintage looking one from 2015/16) and was really close to buying one when I went to the dealer only to find out that it was unacceptably thick for my tastes.

Personally, the modern Speedy references don't interest me. The only exception is the limited edition "Speedy Tuesday" that was issued in conjunction with Fratello Watches (a European watch blog).

The Speedy I would really like to own is a nice, clean vintage 145.022 reference with the 861 caliber movement....on a nice dark brown distressed and aged leather strap.

Yeah, baby....

Yes, I did try it on. Even took a few pictures. I find the Dark Side of the Moon Speedmaster perfect in size and especially the surprising lightweight feel and comfort. I have average size wrist.