View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrenardsmith View Post
Crion, thanks for the reply. I’m an all analog system, although I suppose my Avid Turntable Reference SP power supply may have some digital components related to the speed control. The sigma/omega XC for the triton/typhon sounds like a good idea. One question is what to do with the original umbilical. I supposed some Typhon QR owner somewhere may need one, but can’t imagine there is a market for them.

I probably have overkill with Sigma NR v1’s on two rel subs and my turntable power supply. Maybe downgrade those to Venom’s to pay for the Sigma XC PC and umbilical and achieve an overall better outcome?
Hello Marlon. I had that exact BAT integrated amplifier. A really excellent amp that still competes with any top integrated.

So, it really comes down to how much are you willing to invest in the power system. I like what Crion had to say. All good advice, especially upgrading the Tv3 and TQR cables to Alpha XC or Sigma XC. That will be a huge step forward. I will give you a couple of levels to consider if and when you decide to upgrade the component power cords. This all assumes that you live in the US or Canada??

Good Performance to Cost Ratio

Avid turntable - Venom V14 Digital
BAT phono - Alpha v2 NR
BAT integrated - Alpha v2 NR
Subs - Delta v2 NR

Better Performance - harder on the wallet

Avid turntable - Venom V14 Digital
BAT phono - Sigma v2 NR
BAT integrated - Sigma v2 NR
Subs - Alpha v2 NR