View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 05:01 AM

Default Marten Parker! Premiere.

München High-End 2020 were to be the Premiere for Martens new Parker series,
Duo, Trios and Quintet.
The Corona pandemic made these plans impossible.
But Marten had a small party for some people. Only perfectly healthy individuals with social distance gathered at the headquarter to drink Champagne, listen and look at the new speakers.

I was invited to take some pictures.

Leif wanted to develop an new series more affordable but with the same high quality sound from the Martens more expensive speakers. I think the signature of Martens speaker is very high resolutionen and at the same time a warm dynamic sound. This has been better and better over the years as Leif developed new speakers in high speed. The technique has been expensive. Extreme materials and so on.
The Parker series is made with not that expensive materials but is reaching the level of Martens all splendid characteristics. Though you can get all speakers with Jorma internal cables and Diamond tweeter. Then its called Duo-, Trio-, Quintet-Diamond Edition.
I listened mostly to Quintet Diamond in Martens very big room. It certenly could fill this room with pure musik power. No doubt. I was very impressed. Ceramic midrange and Ceramic woofers and the back had four slave base woofers. This is not a big speaker but played like one. It was a agile speaker. Air, power and very clean. The speaker disappeared in the soundstage more than most speakers.
This must be one of the best contender in it's class.

Duo is two-way speaker and Trio and Quintet are two and a half-way speakers.

Pics...

Last edited by Apexorca; 05-23-2020 at 04:54 PM.