View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 04:20 PM

Default LS100 up and running.

Just fired up the LA100 and I don't even know where to begin. Better detail and separation with a wider sound stage than my C220. Mid's are stronger as is the bottom end with more attack and decay. I tell you I cannot wait to see what a different CDP and phono stage will be able to accomplish. The gentleman I picked the LS100 from also had a Mullard GZ34 and two Sophia Electra 6SN7's, the recommended tube upgrades as per Modwright. They only have about 200 hrs on them so some additional break in is required. And not a bad deal at about half on regular MSRP.
So back to listening and boxing up the C220 for it's new owner. After that more research on CDP's while I watch the Saints and 49er's game
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1545954625.jpg (8.5 KB, 131 views)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.