View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 09:24 AM

FF please keep us posted on your 5G internet experience. This can be a viable and economical alternative for many users, and of course the only service available to some. T-Mobile has recently rolled out its 5G internet in my area and many people are reporting excellent results. Although I've muttered complaints about Comcast for years, I've always acknowledged that at least in my corner of the woods, the company has an excellent network and they promptly attend to correcting their network problems, including underground cables. Still, T-Mobile would save me a lot of $$$$ each month ...

As for the limit Hulu is setting on location changes, that's not the consequence of federal law or regulation. It's a result of OTA broadcasters switching their model from invoking "must carry" rules to earning revenue from carrier license fees. So this is a problem the broadcasters can resolve and, as wireless internet becomes more commonplace, it looks like something they are going to have to fix. One resolution used by some devices is to use GPS to establish your Designated Market Area. That requires the user to grant permission for the device to use GPS to access its location. Apparently not all streaming devices offer that option.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.