Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
Fantastic! I'd bet that it sounds even better than it looks, and that's saying something!
cleeds, these 3500's are so special. First on just regular music the resolution is amazing. And there is zero harshness. Just a beautiful delicate presentation. Significantly better than my 1.25's. The 1.25's have superb resolution. Some think Mac lacking in resolution. However, add WEL Signature/Dragon solid silver throughout and you find otherwise. Let me just say I would not trade these 3500's for any other amp.

Their dynamic capabilities are amazing. Last night I was listening to a Phil Collins concert Live at Montreux BR. I started out a 50% volume. I wound up at 65%. The brass was simply amazing. The Thor was kicking out 120 watts and the XVX was requiring over 200. It was louder than the front row. No harshness or compression at all. No feeling you were reaching a limit.

It's simply amazing. The quality of the XVX is in its dynamic capability. They have no upper limit. The 3500 easily handles them. You have to be careful. I had the system at 91% on Paul Simon and friends. All of a sudden there was a crescendo of sound in the left channel. The 3500 hit 350 watts. I got scared but the amp never missed a beat. I turned it down to 85%

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 05-14-2022 at 03:41 PM.