View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 09:57 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
prepress, congrats on your decision. Transparent may indeed be the best cable manufacturer. I'm sure these new cords will make a significant improvement to your sound.

Best

Charles
Thanks Charles (we have the same name, so it felt like I was talking to myself for a moment!).

Other than my turntable, which has a captive cord, the last piece is my laserdisc player. It doesn't get much use and has a PS Audio Jewel AC on it now, a C7P cord. I debate whether to do anything with that. Transparent doesn't offer C7 connectors as I recall, so the other option to consider is a Shunyata Venom Digital cord. The reason for the change would be for consistency; all my other aftermarket cords are Transparent (sources, preamp, amps) or Shunyata (power conditioners, TV). On the other hand, I decided that should my LD player fail I wouldn't repair it, so If I hold to that I'd have no use for the Venom cord. I do have a VooDoo C7P to C13 adapter, but I recall that the grip wasn't what I'd like, and the extra HPPC I have is only 1m, too short for my needs. So I'll think about this one a bit more, needless to say.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks