Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I appreciate and believe I understand your points. It is relatively easy to achieve good satisfying bass. But the next 15% becomes difficult and the last 1% almost impossible.

I did not know what I was looking for in bass until I heard it in my new system. The XVX is lightning fast with incredible sound stage and resolution. I have not changed my level on my WC. I changed my phase from 0 to 90. At first I went to 180 and this cut the 40 Hz note too much. The 90 degree leaned out my bass perfectly. The new Hammer is much quicker than the old one.

I found that last 1%. Computer World is audiophile grade. Sound stage wall to wall with excellent depth. The XVX shines on music like this. The bass is one piece and as fast as the mid and treble. Not over done. I think you know what I mean. It's a case where a little less is more because you hear the gradations, the articulation, and the resolution of the bass better.

Best to you my friend, and thank you for the tip,

Charles
I know what you mean about the bass. I don't think I'v got the same level as you on that, but I'v got one step up with Krell 350MC compared to Gryphon Antileon Signature. Though, Gryphon is good at that compared to other well known brands.

Your system must now be as good as it gets.

The best to you to.

/Apexorca