Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
I'm glad that my recommendation was so spot on for you and that your system obviously makes the best of it.

About the discussion of how bass is produced. It's tricky to get good bass. Quite often problems with bass in some frequencies is not just the cause of the room acoustics. One example is my room. When i used Sf Futura I had some bass frequencies that was a bit disturbing. When I bought The Sonus faber with even more bass I was ready to do a lot of acoustic treatments to deal with more problems in the bass region It was expected. To my surprise, The Sonus faber with more deep bass did not giving more bass problems in my room. It gave me over all much better bass with no acoustic problems at all. How is that? I'v heard it in other systems as well. My very unprofessional explanation is that the system produces more but clean controlled bass and it does not start the bad acoustic results in the same way.
To get good powerfull clean bass is expensive but in a lot of rooms it does not make more bas problems. It often reduces them instead.
Speakers/systems that are producing much bass has to be very accurate not to start the room.

Your "new" better bass is probably "helping the acoustic" to better performance.
I appreciate and believe I understand your points. It is relatively easy to achieve good satisfying bass. But the next 15% becomes difficult and the last 1% almost impossible.

I did not know what I was looking for in bass until I heard it in my new system. The XVX is lightning fast with incredible sound stage and resolution. I have not changed my level on my WC. I changed my phase from 0 to 90. At first I went to 180 and this cut the 40 Hz note too much. The 90 degree leaned out my bass perfectly. The new Hammer is much quicker than the old one.

I found that last 1%. Computer World is audiophile grade. Sound stage wall to wall with excellent depth. The XVX shines on music like this. The bass is one piece and as fast as the mid and treble. Not over done. I think you know what I mean. It's a case where a little less is more because you hear the gradations, the articulation, and the resolution of the bass better.

Best to you my friend, and thank you for the tip,

Charles