Thread: Dac ?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
FB,
I spoke to some folks who work closely with modifying MHDT DACS. I'm now a bit more reserved about trying one and even more interested in your discovery and findings with the Ukraine DAC and others. Apparently the Orchid and Pagoda sound "very similar", "detailed", and "not as smooth" as others I'm more familiar with. In discovery, as soon as it gets to realizing I'll end up wanting to "replace caps, tubes, resistors" among other things, I'm becoming more of a proponent to move on to something more settled out of the box instead. Can't wait til you get it and start burn-in.
You can spend a lot of $$$ installing parts in the MHDT DAC's. I changed the coupling caps. I had a MHDT Paradisea and I bought the Havana w/o hearing it.

Posts from a UK forum.

Abbas is after music not sounds. Johno, if that's what you need Abbas's products and schematics do play music. No ads here, only personal experience.

I have been using Abbas's tube DAC 2.0SE and his tube usb-spdif convertor for over six months. The pair replaced my previous dac system worth over $6000. That's how good they are. Highly musical. FYI.

I bought the DAC 2.0 not the SE. The SE has Black Gate and Audio Note Kasai capacitors.

Last edited by FloridaBoy; 11-13-2018 at 07:26 AM.