View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 05:20 PM

Let me add more some more history.
My audio journey started with a humble pair of Royd Minstrels about 25 years ago. I’ve jumped back and forth across B&W, Focal and Dynaudio. About three years ago, I thought I had finally settled into my dream system:

PS Audio Directstream DAC with Bridge (fed via ROON)
Luxman 590AXii
Focal Sopra 2

As much as I had lusted after the Focals, I was never quite happy with the soundstage height. The music stayed within the speakers, not extending beyond the or above as much as I would have liked.

I had started with Krell amp, moved to Simaudio Moon 600i, and finally the Luxman. It made the sound better, but I couldn’t get the limitation out of my head (even if it was only in my head).

I was able to find a buyer for the Sopra 2s and I am contemplating the move back to Dynaudio or potentially KEF. I’ve read as much as I can, and there doesn’t seem to be much out there.

Aside from the price bump for the Confidence series, I was wondering if any that may have the new monitors, what are their thoughts?

I had read that the Confidence 20s are more like small floorstanders rather than standmounts. The new Esotar3 tweeter is an improvement over the older Esotar2. They have moved away from the look of the older model, and to be honest, I like the look of the newer model.

I’m looking for an end state system. Any help for the Audioholic would be appreciated.