View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 11:31 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Unfortunately, yes. The PCs reduce noise coming from the wall. But you will still have noise from the amp and (I assume) from the speaker cables themselves.

Let's go back to the process though--there is no need to do this all at once, or even to speculate on a grand plan. You can do this piecemeal and in a relaxed way. My cables and grounding system were purchased over 4(?) rounds of demos/upgrades as I compared several levels of ICs and PCs. My expectations were often wrong in doing this, but each round yielded a significant improvement. You should get Transparent or your dealer to send you a few things to try. Then buy anything that makes a significant positive improvement. Then, if you till have budget remaining, get them to send a couple of more things to try.

Also, don't be surprised or discouraged if some "upgrades" yield nothing you can hear or even make things worse. If that happens, you've either maxed out on a given brand, or you do not like that brand.
Hi, here are some details on my setup: the Premiums are on my amps and preamp, connected to my Furmans: a SPR-20i voltage regulator and an Elite-15PFi, which amps and preamp are connected to; the PFi is connected to the SPR, and the SPR is connected to the wall. Both Furmans have Shunyata Venom HCs on them. I would think that mitigates anything coming from the wall further, leaving any additional noise (and again, I can't tell if I have a problem at this point) to be generated by the speaker cable?
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks