Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 03:14 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
prepress, there's a lot of wisdom on the floor. Several months ago it was crowded and I made a dude who was skating backwards around the curve fall. I apologized profusely. He said it was ok, "That's the way life is, when you fall you pick yourself up, and go on." We are all brothers and sisters on the floor: black, white, hispanic, oriental. Your age doesn't matter. My best friend is Antonio. He skates like a cat and is about one third my age. He's amazing but not in T-Stack's orbit. T-Stacks says you can do anything you want to do on skates, it just depends on how bad you want to do it. Lot of wisdom in that statement.

Best

Charles

p.s. Ed is 58, oriental, and obsessed with front wheel skating. I was watching Antonio last night and he goes to his front wheels does a lightning move turnaround on his front wheels skates backwards on his front wheels doing all sorts of stuff, then turns frontward, all on the front wheels, all in about 30 seconds. Ed can't come close to this. I thought, "my goodness, how I wish I could do that." I'm a good dancer. Antonio and I dance together a lot. I hung a toe stop skating on my front wheels and had a fall. The right knee hurt/stung for a while. But you pick yourself up and go on. Falls are a part of life and skating. I try not to experience too many of them.
You're a better dancer than I am, surely. I'm much more a listener. Always have been. And never got as far as you have with skates, so it's even more impressive.

My weird audio joke aside, life is all about how it's lived and for what purpose. Your backward-skating dude has a point. You lose if you don't get up. Notice I said "don't," not "can't." And your point about age being a non-factor is true as well. Two of my better friendships are with women who each could be my daughter. Common ground is what brings us together; both relationships started in church as a result of Sunday school (I teach adults and young adults at my church). I was a bit amazed that either wanted to be friends, but both friendships have proven to be rich experiences. Wouldn't trade them.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks