View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 12:29 PM

The "Big Clean" project continues, and I've made some great progress... my home office has now been moved up to the 2nd floor and the bookshelves (and all their books) that lined the walls of the listening space have been relocated as well. I've still got a fair amount of clutter in the room to go through, but there's a lot more space than there was before... fingers crossed that it translates to better room acoustics in the end!

I had a surprise acquisition this week -- happened upon a gently used Aries G1 for a "don't pass this up" price, so I snatched that up and it just arrived this morning. Plugged into the system in place of my ultraRendu... sounding great so far, even if the unit is obviously too cold from transit for any serious listening. I believe this unit had barely been used, so I think it still needs its break-in period as well. I've also got a used Venom V14 NR cord on the way, so that should improve the Aries G1 further still, and at some point I'll probably get this thing up on some Stillpoints, too.

I'll be continuing the clean-out this week and weekend, then I'll start looking into furnishing and putting up the bay window curtains. On the gear front, the next item on my wishlist is the EtherREGEN. With a bit more work and a little luck, I'll be all done with the listening parlor just in time for the holiday season!