View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 08:22 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
(At the risk of making this thread political)

I was of the same opinion as you.
I know better now.
The US second amendment is to protect the first.
The current world situation proves that Europe and Australia/New Zealand have gone in the wrong direction, leaving their citizens at the mercy of leaders with not so good intentions...
Bart - believe all the countries you mention, and I'll include my own, have leaders who were selected by their voters in free & fair elections. That you (or others) do not agree with some their polices does not mean that these leaders have "not so good" intentions. Only means that you disagree with them.
In the national matches I compete in we almost always have competitors who acquit themselves well (even winning on occasion) from Australia & New Zealand. You cannot do so without a great deal of practice. So they obviously have plenty of access to the guns & ammo required to be competitive on the international stage.
Folks whine about the gun laws in states like NJ and MA (where Ivan lives most of the year). Can't speak for Ivan, but while we've got any number of ridiculous gun laws, I've never wanted a gun I've not been able to purchase and use here in NJ.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 02-22-2022 at 07:52 PM. Reason: typo