Thread: Nice Cans?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 04:21 PM

Default Nice Cans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
Jem666..... As we are very old-school stereo listeners, we are just now getting into learning about digital [fill in the blank]. At this point in time, the only active headphone jack in our rack is the one on the front of our Oppo 105D. As this player has proven to be extremely versatile for us, I see us using that jack for the most part. We also have an MX130 with a headphone jack, so, perhaps, I can figure out a way to put that back into the system for stereo headphone listening.

The MX130 Manual mentions the use of low impedance dynamic headphones. Unfortunately neither the McIntosh nor Oppo specifications list their respective output impedance…however 32 Ohm or 80 Ohm should work just fine…250 Ohm is definitely not suited for your use case.

I would strongly recommend to audition the DT770 Pro first or buy from someone with a return policy. They are excellent professional tools and do the job for which they are designed…but for musical enjoyment at home you can do much better. Several fellow AA members have made excellent recommendations in this thread. Sennheiser or their Drop iterations come to mind.

Last edited by JemHadar; 05-27-2021 at 04:42 PM.