View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 03:37 PM

I use Phase Technology PC 3.5 speakers. They are supposed to be around 90db sensitivity. I think the older version were a little easier to drive. I have tried low powered tubes like the 6v6 in my amp but they just couldn't give me the power that the speakers need. I currently use the PSVane KT88 Treasure tubes in my Inspire KT88 amp (shocking I know). I tried a variety of other tubes like the 7581a, 807, and EL34 but none of them had the clarity and drive the KT88 tubes do. I'm now thinking about trying some KT150 tubes as I've heard good things about them.

I used to sell them years ago and have always liked the company's sound. You don't hear much about them any more which is too bad. I've always found Phase Tech PC series to be very easy to drive and do a good job disappearing. Paired with good tube equipment I also think they do a great job recreating accurate timbre as well.

The new version of the speakers also look quite a bit better than the old ones. Makes me want to improve the looks of my stands...