View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countingbackwards View Post
Jonathan, While you're not aware of any less expensive rack options that work perfectly with Shindo - are you aware of anything that works "well enough" with Shindo up until budget permits for "perfect"? I know this is a tough question, since nothing about Shindo ever implies compromise of performance on any level, so my question perhaps goes against the ethos of the brand...but bear with me if you can. By "well enough", I mean something that performs sins of omission rather than sins of commission. Is it as simple as - go for plywood? "Perfect" being lingo lab or Box, but would any plywood (even bamboo or maple) be better than mdf, metal or glass? Is any well-liked rack by a hifi rack manufacturer that meets those guidelines fine for the time being? The difficult thing I have with racks is trying to find something decent to tide me over until I eventually get the "real deal"...the one I'm using now is clearly wrong, and I'm bet could be improved for a few bucks as an interim rack.
Good question for which I currently have no answer. I suppose if you go for something that is not slate, mdf, carbon, acrylic or with rubbery suspension, you're doing better than most. Plywood stacked is what I believe to be the right materials. Solid wood has too much character to my ears and experience. I certainly haven't heard everything on the market. Maybe Danny has something he has had luck with? My advice is always to just wait, buy once, buy right.

As for the Pagode, this did not work well for me at all. It was a very good rack with many other brands, just not with Shindo.

Jonathan