View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkorbal View Post
Interesting! This is why I posted the question. Never would of thought about changing tubes so soon. I’ve noticed a few using Gold Lions here, how do they affect the sound? If I do change do I change them all or just certain ones?
The process of swapping out tubes is called "tube rolling". All you really need is a pair of clean gloves for the process. The job of switching tubes is nothing more than "pull tube from socket, and replace with new one". Then let the new tubes break-in which can take about 20+ hours of play time. Even the stock tubes will require break-in time. I'm sure others will sing the praises about Gold Lions tubes.

Well for me the MEN220 was a worth every penny spent! It saved me from the steep learning curve on room acoustic design. I'm sure folks can pad, tile, add traps, or pillows to achieve similar results. This part of the hobby I'm just not willing to devote the resources and time.

Ken,
Sonus Faber Cremona, (2) JL Audio F110 subs, Squeeze Server v7.9 Windows 2012 Server 25TB, Audio Metallurgy GA-0 XLR & RCA, Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable, PS Audio Power Plant Premier (2), WireWorld Silver Power Cables, Tascam DA3000

Last edited by blacsno; 03-07-2021 at 11:07 PM. Reason: spelling