View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
So I’m a bit confused......the “palace of ET” is......what exactly? Disneyworld for visitors from Alpha Centauri? A resort for ETs passing through the Milky Way? I don’t know what we’re looking at here other than a nice resort that could be found in the South Pacific.

- Buck
So here's the pic. It was submitted to me for accuracy. The structure it belongs to is enormous. The space between the window edge and wall should be exactly 10.5" in width. The windows can't be moved. The windows are part of the outside of the structure. Moving the window would change the outside and that would be disaster. The windows are cut without regard to the innards. There is a stairwell to the right or north and you are looking west. The stairwell is exactly width 8.75'. Discounting the width of the wall on the north, the width between the window and stairwell is exactly 2.625' and the width between the window edge and the wall on the south where you see the entrance is exactly 10.5". There is no discount or wiggle room here. The width must be 10.5". This width is what I call a critical width because it measures the accuracy of the artist and the computer program. If it doesn't look like 10.5" it means a significant error has occurred. The Palace/structure is merciless. It will eventually show any flaw in the artist's layout. She did her job correctly and thankfully the width looks about 10.5". No computer program can do anything but approximate the physical/geometric perfection of this structure. Keep in mind this is a "work" pic. It is not meant for beauty. The window is 3.5'x3.5' and each pane is 1.75'. Because the structure is geometrically perfect it is possible for me to look at any length, width, height of any space, distance, or structure and immediately know its exact theoretical dimension. I began by drawing a huge enormous square and subsequently drew a series of smaller and smaller squares and rectangles cubes and 3-dimensional rectangles until the entire structure was resolved to the nano foot. Every number is a perfect number so even though it is 900,000 square feet I know every dimension, period.

Last edited by Charles; 10-10-2020 at 05:00 AM.