View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 04:18 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilisten View Post
I just sold 2 Transparent HPPCs and a Premium power cord last weekend and replaced them all with the new Venom NR power cords and it was very noticeable in my system, I had the premium power cord on my C2300. The new Venom NRs are sweet power cables and an excellent value. I demoed the Delta NR at the same time and there wasn’t enough noticeable difference for me to make that step up.
Interesting. I waffled between the Venoms and the Premium before I finally decided. In limited listening I'm pleased with the Premium on my 2300, but I'm fully aware the Venoms are lurking out there. There was a snafu regarding the price I was quoted by Transparent for the upgrade discount on the Premium (the price I was quoted was for a 2m, rather than a 1m HPPC; the store caught it after the order was placed), and had I known that I might well have gone for the Venom NR v12. As is, I saved $21 over a NR v10, excluding shipping and sales tax.

What changed in the sound for you?
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks