View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 02:23 AM

Default Mid-bass subwoofer?

So… I’ve moved my speakers around (within my room’s limitations: picture window, fireplace, etc) and no space was any better for my speakers than where they were before (no other location gave any more pronounced bass).

(BTW, my Venere are the Venere 3, …NOT the Venere S. I’m sure the Venere S would put out more bass.)

Similarly I played around with various locations for the JL Fathom (again within the limitations of my room) and NOT a single location allowed the Fathom to play well above 50hz. …thus not blending any better with the Venere 3 than before.

Therefore, since the Tannoy PS350 sub that I used to own paired so wonderfully well with the Venere 3 I am of the opinion that I’ll need to search for a Tannoy-PS350-like sub and bail on the Fathom. …& just move the Fathom back to be paired again with my B&W 800 D2.

As for my bookshelf speakers (Focal Chorus 705V) in my home office on a shelf flanking my computer monitors… they don’t have any other locations to go to. So, for their sake, I think I’m going to just buy another Tannoy PS350, since that sub paired so well with them.

I shouldn’t have messed with my system & sold my Tannoy sub. [emoji17] …but, as seems common with this hobby, I just couldn’t leave well enough alone. [emoji51][emoji28]

Last edited by the1010boy; 10-20-2021 at 02:25 AM.