View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 12:58 AM

Default New MA352 just installed

MA352 ordered on Monday, picked up and installed today. I'm just 2 hours in, so quite far from full break-in. Initial impressions are excellent. System is Focal Sopra 1s, Naim ND5XS2 streamer, AQ interconnects and speaker cable. Dedicated electrical line for hifi only. Streaming Qobuz and Tidal plus local library by Roon. All connected by fiber internet via ethernet. 8 GIK acoustic panels in listening room.

The MA352 is literally DESTROYING the Accuphase E-480 with these speakers. It is sounding full, detailed, refined with punchy and articulate bass. Highs are crisp and precise without going overboard on the beryllium tweeters of the Sopras. Midrange is expressive, round and sweet. Frankly, I may just have to confirm that, for the moment, this amplifier is doing a very fine job.

Currently, max volume level has been 35% and was plenty loud, didn't measure dB level. Low level listening with a full sound is possible for me at 15-20%. Not sure if that will change with break-in. Thanks for reading.