Thread: Sooloos Tips
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Looking for an appropriate thread in which to post a couple of questions regarding the Control 15/Twinstore system that I just acquired within the last couple of weeks, and this looked like a good one, hopefully. First, I'm learned a lot from browsing the Meridian forum here and on The Hitchhikers Guide to Meridian, plus I've read everything on the Meridian site that I could find. As others have commented, it would be great if Meridian provided a more comprehensive, updated, consolidated form of documentation for Sooloos, but most of questions have been answered--and new features 'discovered'--through perusing all of the sources mentioned above.

Two quick questions, however:
1) I can't find any description of the process by which Sooloos determines how to classify an album as to Quality rating--nor any way to adjust that rating. I would have assumed it just treated 16/44.1 source as normal, anything above as high quality, anything below as low quality (don't recall exact terms used by system). But I imported a standard redbook CD that I had previously ripped, in standard flac format, and it labeled it as high quality. Does anyone know more about how this "feature" works in Sooloos?
2) With the idea that EVERY system will eventually get replaced or migrated eventually, I'm just wondering whether one could--theoretically--build a non-Sooloos-based media management system from the stored files? IOW, is all of the metadata stored in or with the music files in a non-proprietary manner or are those JUST flac files with all of the metadata stored in a Sooloos database, so one would have to import the music and start from scratch in collecting/customizing the metadata?

Thanks!
Jerry