View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady339 View Post
Ted, your avatar reminds me of my father, who was a very fine alto sax player and music teacher. He loved jazz and Charlie "Bird" Parker. Do you play sax?

Roger
Roger, I did play alto for years, and may return to it once I have time to begin playing again hopefully in the next year. I have been a member of this board for seven years, since its inception, and you are the first person to ever ask me about the avatar! Did your Dad record? Who was he? In addition to my music studies in school, I studied with another great altoist, Lee Konitz, a contemporary of Bird. Yes, I am a big fan of "Birds"! It is sad that few people even know who Charlie Yardbird Parker was anymore. Ted.

Magico Q3 plus S-Pods, Spectral DMA-500AR, DMC-30SV pre, Esoteric F-03a, Esoteric S-05, Esoteric P02X, N-01XD,
Cybershaft OP21A-D, Roon Nucleus Plus w/S-Booster LPS, Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ LPS-1.2, MIT Oracle MA-X V2's, Oracle SHD-120 V2, Shunyata Sigma Clock 50’s, Sigma Ethernet’s, Alpha USB-V2, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI's, MIT Oracle Z-III PC's, Z Power Bar Conditioner, Coherence Systems ADD-Powr Sorcer X4, EAU2, Furutech Flux 50 filters, GTX-D rhodium outlets, service sub panel w/ 4-30 amp dedicated circuits, Stillpoints Ultra 6, Ultra 5, Ultra SS, HRS Damping Plates, Cable Isolators, Sony XBR75ZH8.

Last edited by Yardbird; 05-10-2016 at 06:52 PM.