View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 06:00 AM

In the early days of shopping on the internet, the reason for doing so was to either find things you couldn’t find anywhere else but mostly because there was price competition well beyond what you could find in bricks & mortar stores. If you were willing to put up with a little inconvenience including sending back the occasional damaged or defective product that was part of “the game.” Not anymore. Now, the Amazons and others have gotten the convenience part almost perfected. But savings... buying on the internet, that’s pretty much long gone. IMO, instead of the internet being a marketplace where lots of dealers of various things competing based on price, the way it was years ago, it has become the place where everything is sold at retail. There are really no more bargains by shopping on the internet. So if you (me, we) are going to be paying retail, i.e., the same price we would pay walking into a store, we should accept no less than the quality of what we would walk out of the store with. As “free shipping”, I never once paid shipping on anything I ever walked out of a Best Buy store with or anything I bought from a local B&M audio dealer. And whatever I walked out with was not damaged in shipping— unless I bought in on a scratch & dent sale and then I knew what I was getting up front. You should accept from internet vendors no less than what you would accept buying from a local store. (Again, jmho).
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.