Thread: Htm2 d3
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
New user here and would like to seek help with picking a centre channel speaker to go with the 804D3 I intended to order.

I had wanted to upgrade to a pair for smaller floorstanders forever and have set my sights on the 804d3 after comparing extensively against SF, MA, Dyna' s smaller towers.

However, my B&W dealer informed me that they don't think there is going to be an updated HTM4 D3 and the smallest centre I can get will be the HTM2, which is quite massive for my room (15' x 14'). Is that true the HTM4 is being discontinued for the new series? What would you think of the best solution other than going up to the HTM2? Based on my audition I am not sure if the older Kelver cone would work with the new Continuum in the 804D3.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Wonder if anyone tried paring the D3 with other center with good result? I really love the 804D3 sound and look and would hate to go MA or SF just for a better sized center. Thanks!
I highly doubt the timbre across the front soundstage would be ideal if you added a HTM4D2. The HTM2D3 is the perfect matching center for the 804D3 due to it having the same sized drivers as the 804D3 across the board. You shouldn't let the size of the HTM2D3 dissuade you. Sure it looks and is large but it will sound so great with the 804D3.

Is there any possible way you can get and use a 3rd 804D3 for your center? There is nothing better than an identical speaker as these being used for L/R duty.