View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkorbal View Post
I just put an order in for a C2700 at my local dealer. Lead time approximately 6 weeks I’m being told. What should I do to prepare/consider for the new arrival? Item such as cables, equipment integration, manual instructions or anything else to consider.
<snip>
Having had up close, and personal experience with two C2700's for extended periods of time, permit me to offer what might be considered contrarian advice in some quarters. Over the course of the first two to three months the sound of the C2700 will change perceptibly becoming a bit sweeter and smoother (i.e., better) over the the already excellent out of the box sound. Swapping out tubes from the get go strikes me as being premature until the unit has had a chance to settle in and for you and your wife to acclimate to the sound of the unit and your new system as a whole. The C2700 is a great piece and you may like it best with the stock tubes after a three month 'burn in'.

Depending on the 'quality' of your local house current, I do believe that you will find that an upgraded power cord will improve the sound, particularly with digital sources. You may find that swapping out interconnects to have the more profound effects. But, give yourselves a basis of comparison before indulging in pricey tweaking, the results for which may be real or just psychological.

Enjoy!

Bob
Sources: ClearAudio Jubilee MC/ClearAudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Kirmuss KA-RC-1 ultrasonic. L’Art du Son CD treatment.

Last edited by Bob Bubeck; 03-08-2021 at 01:08 PM.