View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkorbal View Post
Before ordering my wife and I demoed the unit on Saturday on a system that was close to mine. My dealer had 802D3 driven by MC611. I like bringing my wife alone because many times she confirms what I'm hearing. It's also fun to hear here describe what she is hearing in an non-audiophile terminology. She knows what she likes but doesn't always know why.

The first thing we noticed was the openness and transparency between instruments. The separation was so easily heard. I mix on our church broadcast board and many times I have to strain/concentrated to hear minuet details. This was not so, on familiar and non-familiar tracks all we did was sit back and listen and we heard every individual instrument as intended. The space between instruments was plenty.

Next was the warmth and lushness. Diana Krall and Anne Bisson came alive along with bass rich tracks. The control the equipment had at these frequencies were astounding. I'm hoping this has more to do with the pre-amp and less about slight differences in speakers and amps.

Lastly, we like B&W because it is a brighter speaker but it can be too bright with the wrong equipment. Any fatiguing went away when I added my mc601. The demo I heard was cleaner and clarity much better without added brightness.

I'm really excited to hear how it sounds in my system.
Congrats on the c2700. Agreed with you on the B&Ws driven by McIntosh Amp; they complement each other well and like you said, it does not sound bright. I love the combo C2700/MC611 and B&Ws, the music particularly on instruments are just right.
You have a great system. Enjoy
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.