View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 08:12 AM

Before ordering my wife and I demoed the unit on Saturday on a system that was close to mine. My dealer had 802D3 driven by MC611. I like bringing my wife alone because many times she confirms what I'm hearing. It's also fun to hear here describe what she is hearing in an non-audiophile terminology. She knows what she likes but doesn't always know why.

The first thing we noticed was the openness and transparency between instruments. The separation was so easily heard. I mix on our church broadcast board and many times I have to strain/concentrated to hear minuet details. This was not so, on familiar and non-familiar tracks all we did was sit back and listen and we heard every individual instrument as intended. The space between instruments was plenty.

Next was the warmth and lushness. Diana Krall and Anne Bisson came alive along with bass rich tracks. The control the equipment had at these frequencies were astounding. I'm hoping this has more to do with the pre-amp and less about slight differences in speakers and amps.

Lastly, we like B&W because it is a brighter speaker but it can be too bright with the wrong equipment. Any fatiguing went away when I added my mc601. The demo I heard was cleaner and clarity much better without added brightness.

I'm really excited to hear how it sounds in my system.

2-Channel
McIntosh C2700, (2X)MC601, MEN220 Lampizator Baltic 3
Sonore opticalRendu, SGC sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3), Roon Thorens TT TD318
B&W 803D3 JL Audio (2x)f110v2
Shunyata Denali/S v2, Alpha v2 PCs, WW Gold/Silver Eclipse Interconnects, Platinum USB

Whole House Music Listening
Bluesound Vault2i, PowerNode2, PulseMini2i, Pulse2, (3x)Flex
5.2 System Above using Passthru
Marantz SR7012
Oppo 205, Apple TV (4th gen), Sony XBR850e65
B&W HTM2 D3
Second 5.1 System Castoffs from Upgrades
LRC Paradigm Millenia 20, Velodyne MiniVee 10, KEF surrounds, DefTech AW6500