Thread: Dac ?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
MHDT Orchid "Break-In", update @ 100hrs.

Exactly as described by MHDT Labs their DACs (and included tube) do change tone and smooth out even more with time. They recommend a full 30 days time. I noticed a change at 20 and 50 hours. So far at 100 hours the tube has pretty much settled (not changing any more) each listening session and I'm not hearing any form of edgy or harsh sound with any of the tracks I'm playing on my system. For me, this Non-Oversampling NOS R2R Ladder DAC does it right. Super easy to listen to. Open and transparent without being fatiguing. Absolutely no fatigue now.

Maybe I just got lucky and found a synergy with my system. Whatever the case, it works.

Listening carefully, with more break-in time on the DA, one might think at first the highs are rolled off, but they are not. The detail of the highs is still "there", just not as forward, possibly recessed a bit further back in the sound stage but it all comes together in presentation. Definitely found a keeper here.
Good for you. The presentation of the Abbas DAC is similar. No digital artifacts. Perhaps it is characteristic of the TD1541?