View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 11:49 AM

And bringing things up to the current day...

Circling back on the original write-up I did on Omega QR pre-production "first article" review and having had the good fortune
to obtain a production version of the cable several months ago and be living with it ever since, I repeated all prior component,
amplifier, processor and pre-amp testing configurations for several weeks at a time with the latest Omega QR power cable.

The original impressions and detailed listening results I perceived are still accurate and what I've found after several months
this cable delivers in ample amounts across the entire listening spectrum. I've not had the good fortune to be able to move to
an Omega XC for my Typhon QR with matching Omega XC umbilical but an hoping to move up from Sigma umbilical, etc...soon!

Many months later, the following are still my leading perceptions compared to all prior and current Shunyata Alpha and Sigma v1 and v2 cables, across every genre of music in my collection ;

- dramatic increase in sound stage definition and size in 3-dimensions

- rock-solid and dramatic increase in imaging performance top to bottom (floor to ceiling) and left to right

- deepening of the sound stage even further behind the walls and out into the room than ever before

- dead quiet, ultra-black backgrounds....

- better performance and pacing of all playback, more immediacy and realism in the presentation of the most subtle to the most demanding dynamics in all sorts of music

- improved tonal correctness and ‘color of sound’ (hearing the different materials for drum heads, stick and mallet types, brushes, bows, etc….gold/silver/brass/no finish on trumpet, sax, etc…guitar, piano, violin and bass (double and electric) all rendered in an utterly real and transparent/correct way

- immediacy and pacing of the music; ultra-correct and realistic

- tightness and correctness of the image and improved ability to locate instruments, voices, etc….both individually and in ensemble and have them be what seems to see to be a more correct sizing

- "simply sounds like great music", most audiophile hyperbole/typical wording no longer needed

A fantastic cable!!!