View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comzee View Post
I 100% agree. Although, when I first bought my original "Fire-Bottle KT88" I did try 807 tubes. They overheated the PSU transformer and blew the fuse.

I actually still own my 807 pair + adapters, I've just never tried them again after that happened.

The amp I pictured above is the custom "6V6-H" headamp I ordered from DH. I've never tried 807 with it, but I assume I'll get the same result of what happened to my FB-KT88.

With all that said, ya 807 was actually my favorite pentode I'd ever tried. I got a good 100hr-ish hours of play time on them before it blew the fuse. Had the sweetest treble and most airy presentation of any tube I had tried.

A few months back in this thread, Straitwire showed off a custom 807 that was built for a customer (not sure if they post on this thread tho). Something I'd be interested in. In fact I'd be really interested in an 807 parallel (quad set of 807).

I've been looking for a 16-24wpc tube amp for a long time now, to accommodate my eventual speaker upgrade. I'd previously posted about 845 amps, but they're so hard to find. They either have bad designs (Chinese stuff) or are $$$. Still jamming out with my original FB-KT88, for now.
FYI, the Line Magnetic 845 amps are well regarded.

I have a PSE with IIPS and really like 6L6's. I have not tried 807's in it.