View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
There is no iCar yet. That drawing is nothing more than a fantasy and an artist's creative rendering.

Apple is however seriously looking to get into the market and the rumor has been circulating for years. The fact that they are talking to KIA and are getting "close" to signing a contract is not a guarantee that will happen either. It may be KIA, it may be some else but it sounds like Apple is on the path to make it happen.

The software will be provided by Apple so I would imagine most of the user interfaces, while the rest of the car will be assembled by an automaker. How much say each company will have is hard to predict but I doubt Apple will get into bed with any product that is less than stellar given their approach to every other product they offer.

The "fully autonomous" part tells me it will be some time before the iCar comes to the market. The autonomy part is not quite set in stone as far as local regulations and federal guidance. Every state will differ. Some may require that autonomy part be engaged/disengaged by the operator and that does not go with a "steering wheel free, fully autonomous vehicle"....
I know that is not a car yet by any stretch. Even news today draws some
more skepticism. For sure Apple will need an alliance. Tesla also had to
rely on Lotus early for the basis of the Roadster. I was just commenting
on the design itself.
Main: Mc C2200 (Telefunkens) and MC207, Spectral DMA-180, Marantz AV8805A, JL Audio CR-1 and SAv2, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Bryson BDA-3, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, PS Audio P12, Pioneer DT-555,
Samsung 65" QLED TV 8K, JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II on Ultra SS Stillpoints, B&W HTM2D2, CCM7.3 S2, CCM683
Office: Sony TA-F700ES (Mod), MDS-JA50ES (Mod) and SEQ-333ES, Accuphase T-107B, Bryston BDA-3, BHA-1 and BUC-1, Audeze LCD-4, Linn Tukan, REL T7 on Ultra SS Stillpoints, PC Server (16 TB)

Mobile:Audison bit One Virtuoso HD, bit Play HD, Amps and speakers.