View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
PHC1, interesting. I’m still using a Pioneer Elite Kuro but was thinking about an LG OLED. Are you saying the Kuro for as far back as it goes is still better?
Since you still have it, you can easily compare with the same source to see if an OLED can outdo your Kuro... At normal viewing distances and beyond, the extra resolution is hardly a bonus since the biomechanics of our eyes do not allow us to appreciate it. One has to sit really close and compare to appreciate the difference of 4K with 4K source.

The other characteristics of the Kuro however were superior IMHO. The picture was more "cinematic" and "film" like depending on the source of course. It is however quite possible that spec wise the blacks and contrast may even be better on OLED. I often feel that cinematic quality has been lost and everything looks like high resolution soap opera quality instead of Hollywood cinema. Could also be Hollywood is to blame

I'm going by memory since it has been a few years but I recall being blown away by that Plasma each and every time I watched a good source but it may also be personal preference and what looks better to my eyes. Easy enough to compare for yourself.