View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 06:35 PM

I have a pair of Tekton Electron SE's. This is the Double Impact "Junior", a better fit in my listening room. I haven't heard the full-size DI's, but I'm assuming they have a bigger sound and more low end. I'm very happy with mine. I have a REL 5 subwoofer and I haven't even felt the need to hook it up yet. What I have found is that my Tekton's are extremely revealing. They make really great recordings sound amazing; they also reveal with great clarity all the imperfections of mediocre recordings, which is a lot of them. I find a lot of popular music is recording with low-end devices in mind. A much higher percentage of classical chamber music and small jazz combos are excellent. Before these speakers broke in, they sounded a little harsh in the upper midrange, especially for massed strings. All of that has gone away. But I don't know how much of that has to do with break-in, vs. cable upgrades and NOS tube upgrades in my Line Magnetic amp. A Brimar NOS preamp tube made a world of difference.