View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 02:44 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strojo View Post
Are any of you using subs with your 1's or are you happy with the level of bass? I have the 1028be's now and am concerned I'll be taking a step backwards going to a set of bookshelfs (without introducing a sub into the mix). While I'm not a basshead by any means, I like it when it's there. :-)
I can't speak for the Sopra 1's but you will most definitely NOT be going backwards with a set of C1 Platinums; this is not a bookshelf speaker. It is a large reference-level standmount. I've known many owners that bought them thinking they would add a sub, only to find out that bass response is so good from a C1 that they didn't need to add a sub...FWIW.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.