View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacsno View Post
I must first say thank you Bryston ... It does sound good, very detailed and open in it's presentation. A little
bright for my taste maybe with more break-in time it will tone down. Otherwise it was the easiest install ever! ...
I agree with you about the BDP-3 - it's a fantastic streamer. I bought mine after losing patience with all of the issues I was having with my Aurender and my only regret is that I didn't dump the Aurender sooner. The Bryston is simply stable - solid as a rock! - and sounds great.

I don't find the BDP-3 to be bright, however. I am using a Wireworld cable on the USB out to a Bryston BDA-3, so perhaps that makes a difference. It sounds so good connected this way that I haven't bothered to experiment with other connection options.

The one complaint I've heard about the BDP-3 is about the Manic Moose interface. Let's face it: It isn't the most elegant, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for you. Improvements are supposedly in the pipeline. Those who want something better now should consider getting Rigelian, which is very inexpensive and works like a charm. It's only for i-devices, however.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.

Last edited by cleeds; 02-12-2021 at 01:54 PM. Reason: incorrectly called BDP-3 "BDA-3" on third reference