Thread: Mx150
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkorbal View Post
You guys are making me anxious while I wait for my men220 to be made. Ordered back in early October with a 12wk delivery. I can’t wait to see how it transforms the sound in my non-dedicated listening room.

You are in a for a serious treat!

I'm really quite grateful. 20 years back, I was that guy who had to have the latest and greatest in everything electronic. Bought one of the first 40" plasma for $10K, proceeded to head over to my local B&W/McIntosh for more stuff.

I auditioned the Nautilus line with all the McIntosh gear. I was in awe of the sound. I ended up splurging and walked out with the 704's, an HTM2 center and some rear B&W's and a Rotel Amp. I thought to myself, man those 803's are to die for with the McIntosh. Maybe someday.....

Well here we are 20 years later. In between that time, the 704's were swapped to 805's, then 804's. Last year, I snagged up the beloved 803's for a steal at $1500. Then the search for McIntosh gear ensued.

Saw a forum ad that was a few years old that had a listing for an MX150. Pinged the seller and to my delight, he said he never sold it. I offered $2K for it, he accepted. To say I am grateful and joyful that this day finally came to own the McIntosh would be an understatement!

Now if only I can find a steal on some dancing blue meters. The last part of my dream I do realize is just that, a DREAM! I think it's time to open up the wallet and bite the bullet for an MC252/MC352/MC302.....