View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 11:41 AM

Congrats on your new KX-R enatai. I enjoyed my time with a black KX-R in combination with Lamm M1.2 monoblocks as well as the Lamm LL2D and Mcintosh C500P preamps. The KX-R was able to extract the last ounce of resolution, had the deepest, jet black background with quite possibly the lowest noise floor, was able to punch open the soundstage and spot light everything within it with any good recording. It never sounded sterile and clinical in it's approach to detail and resolution. Nothing escaped the KX-R, it's build quality and design makes it a truly reference grade preamp to easily go head to head with any other top notch preamps out there. The innovative design and features were a joy to admire and in use.

I've always had nothing but praise for the KX-R and truly enjoyed the KX-R/MX-R combo driving a pair of Wilson speakers listening sessions at my local dealer. The tube like liquidity of MX-R and the rich, weighty, slightly darkish tonal balance with the upper end Transparent cabling while listening to vinyl was always a real treat for the ears.

Last edited by PHC1; 09-25-2011 at 01:48 PM.