Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 02:37 PM

Thanks to all so very much for the positive comments.

Apexorca, thank you for thinking about my system. What a great system you have. You are correct that I do have significant absorption in my room but not as much as I used to. The Alexx has a smoother treble and midrange than my previous speakers and has allowed me to make the room more diffuser, i.e. reflective which makes for a livelier sound. I am going to take your advice. There should be some firm around where I live. I suspect my room should be re-done for acoustics. At present I hear no problems either with bass boom at a particular frequency or with treble/midrange. Imaging and sound stage are very good and stable. Almost no grain or harshness. However, this doesn't mean there can't be room for very significant improvement. I'm going to have my room analyzed as you suggest. It is a good room because of its length of 40'. I have echo tunes on the rear ceiling and walls which are a long way away from my sweet spot. I have the Alexx optimized to interface with the Thor. If I wanted more bass from them they would be closer to the rear wall. At present I have a boost probably of 4-5 db at 40 Hz and 5-6 db at 25 Hz. Pretty flat down to well below 20 other than that. I don't find the bass boomy or objectionable and wouldn't want to reduce it. One of the main things the new subwoofer cables and power conditioner/cord did (also new power amp) was to increase the sensitivity/resolution of very soft bass notes all across the whole bass range. How are your Krells working out for you? Have you thought about Master Reference amps? They are among the finest ever produced.