View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 08:20 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Someone on another forum asked about the soundstage. …

The MTRX2’s are excellent. I’m going to play a lot more vinyl today. But so far with numerous hours of CDs and streaming they seem perfect (to me) for our setup. I have them for a total of two weeks before John McGurk of EMM Labs and Tony at Ellington HiFi in AL show up to retrieve them. So, the current plan is that I will be listening to them 12-16 hours a day. So, I’m nowhere near done testing and enjoying them.

So far the soundstage is larger and fuller. I remember when I had another home eval with the EMM Pre and compared it to the Pass XP-22 that I had a similar experience. This is that but on steroids. This is difficult to put into words, but I’ll try to give a brief example of what it’s like. All of us know about high and low tides:

Quote:
High and low tides refer to the regular rise and fall of the ocean's waters. High tide is when water covers much of the shore after rising to its highest level. Low tide is when the water retreats to its lowest level, moving away from the shore.
The Pass amps are like high tide. You are hearing great synergy with the Magico M3s. The soundstage is full and rich. What you are seeing (hearing) is beautiful. The MTRXs are like low tide. The previously unknown veil has retreated to its lowest level and what is left is a shoreline of sound that is clear, pure and musical. In both cases the same shoreline of music is in play, but one allows you to see (hear) more.

There is more energy around the individual images. This is a reach out and touch me experience. Reversing the analogy above the EMMs are like high tide, as there are just waves and waves of layering that you can hear. The sound is so natural. Diana Krall is currently on tour, but I don’t need to go to the venue as she’s already here.

This said, my words don’t do them justice. IMO, you have to experience these amps in your own system to fully appreciate them.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.