View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 08:26 PM

I had the pleasure of spending some time listening to Greg's most recent configuration of audio equipment earlier this week. I will start by saying, that I did not expect what I heard from these speakers. The gentleman who Greg bought them from, had told me quite a while back that he didn't think I would like them. If I just listened to them very briefly, and in a room with equipment, that was not as dialed in as Greg's set up, he may have been correct.
My initial impression might have been, ok, maybe a little laid back in presentation for me. As I listened, and my ears adjusted to to the different interpretation of their reproduction of sound, I found myself getting, more, and more pulled into the music. That's the only way I can describe it, I felt them opening a door, and inviting me to hear the story within the music. I was hearing more layers, to music I thought I knew very well. Without shouting it at you, they pick apart individual musicians, and instruments, and place them so clearly within the soundstage, and with a sense of separation that was uncanny.
The integration between drivers was truly amazing. A coherence in sound that just forced a smile to you face. They just sounded "right", they just made music. They made it hard to stop listening. They have haunted me since last Wednesday evening!
They are one of the most "enjoyable" sets of speakers that I have heard. As much as I love my Strads, I will have a pair of these in my living room soon, to demo. I just have to do a comparison.
I'm going to go out on a hazardous limb here, and say that I would not be surprised if these take Greg off the audio gear 'merry go round" for quite some time to come. We can only hope!
Thank you again Greg for your hospitality, and I'm very excited for you!
Parasound JC-1s (3), A-21
Kharma dB11-s Mains, Cremona M (center) Grand Pianos (rears)
JL Audio Gotham G213 V1(1) F-112V1(1) F-112V2(1)
Clearaudio Innovation Wood, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR Dynavector XX2 MK2 Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Audio Research Ref 2se phono
Lumin X1
Lumin S1
Oppo-205
AudioQuest Hurricane HC, Tornado HC(2), and Thunder HC, Diamond RJ/E
PS Audio P-10(2) AC-3, AC-5, AC-10 PCs.
(6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, (6)Furutech outlets.
(1) GDX-DR-NCF, (2) GDX-D Gold, (3) GDX-D Rhodium
AZ Absolute Copper, and Clear Day Audio solid silver Bal ICs.
WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables.
Rob