View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Semi-audiophile

Over time the Transparent HPPC has opened up, and things are sounding better. But I wasn't prepared for what I heard yesterday.

Many here are surely familiar with Yes' Close to the Edge LP. They'll also know that the title track has four movements, the third one called I Get Up I Get Down and the most quiet of the four. Toward the end, there's a low synth note played, and I usually hear it only barely, as if there's a hole in the sound at that point. Yesterday, playing my SACD version, that synth note showed up in spades. It was clearly audible and even packed a bit of punch. I've never heard it that clearly before. I pulled out the original CD to check this against, and though slightly diminished, it still came through clearly! The only change in the system is the HPPC having replaced a WW Electra 7. If this is what TA cords do once they get loosened up, I'm wondering what putting these on all sources might do.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks