View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Semi-audiophile

Okay, I needed a dose of reality and a change of perspective.

With both the holidays and a rather large dental bill coming, I've re-focused a bit and decided I won't want to make myself crazy. I have a 1m Transparent High Performance power cord on the way (the store was out), and it will replace the Venom 3s on the preamp as a test. We'll see what happens. Despite the Shunyata Viper being on sale, the TP cord is cheaper yet and the size I preferred. Of course, a Venom 3 would have been cheaper still, but I wanted to try the Transparent. And, having seen the Kimber PK10s up close and personal at the NY Audio Show on Friday and in a system that sounded good, I want them. But I can't go there now. It would be for the best to stop chasing sound and to remember my priorities. Maybe the Vipers would work on the amps or my CD player, if they're still on sale when I'm ready to make a move.

Meantime, I 'd better be about the business of acquiring plane tickets and a hotel for the annual holiday trip south.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks