View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Power cords do make a difference, it seems; not as dramatic as ICs or speaker cable, but there's a difference. How much may depend upon where they're used and with what.

Yes, and unfortunately the ones that can make the greater differences often cost a lot. The Ztron Viper, despite the extra length you don't really need, might do what you want, though. It seems to do one thing very well - that being warm, rich mids and de-emphasized treble, at least on the gear I'm using it.

I actually wouldn't count on a new cd player changing things, satisfactorily, if brightness is the issue. In my experience cd players are more alike than different with the large changes being improvements in realistic presentation of soundstage depth, realistic tone of instruments and vocals, and clarity/detail. Those are the areas where I hear the biggest differences between an Oppo and say an Esoteric, for example. That said, once you zero in on these differences, one becomes enamored of them as they are like the icing on the cake, so to speak.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Last edited by rnrmf1971; 11-03-2016 at 12:35 PM.